1. Indulge in the best local fresh produce at the weekly marché
A delightful Provençal town market, the marché in Saint-Rémy is on Wednesday mornings all year round and showcases the most delicious locally-grown fresh produce.
2. Wander the charming streets
Cobblestone laneways and pretty avenues lead you to quiet squares and tempting boutiques in the old town of Saint-Rémy.
3. Discover delicious delicacies
Irresistible glacé fruit shine like jewels in exquisite food stores. Try the calissons - they are a delicious soft biscuit made with almonds and candied fruit.
4. Follow the trail of Van Gogh
See the actual olive trees and distinctive rock formations that Van Gogh painted near his asylum in Saint-Rémy.
The Olive Trees by Van Gogh, part of a series the artist painted in 1889.
5. Visit Van Gogh's asylum
The beautiful grounds of the asylum.
6. Visit beautiful Les Baux-de-Provence
Les Baux-de-Provence is officially classified as "one of the most beautiful villages of France" with its rich history, dramatic fortifications and pretty cobblestone streets. It is a short picturesque drive from Saint-Rémy.
7. Be blown away by Carriere des Lumieres
Previously a bauxite mine, now a spectacular show displaying art in a way you have never seen before. This unique gallery space is in Les-Baux-de-Provence.
8. Have an apero in Place Fevier in the shade of ancient trees
A little 'off the beaten track' yet in the heart of the old village of Saint-Rémy, Place Fevier is worth seeking out to rest tired feet, enjoy live music and a crisp glass of local rosé.
9. Spend a night in a tree house overlooking a sublime walled French garden
This luxury tree house is perched in an ancient plane tree at Hotel Image - a treat for those who are young at heart, romantic and not afraid of heights!
10. Drive along the amazing avenue of enormous plane trees
This breathtaking drive leads you from the péage to the village of Saint-Rémy de Provence - it is one of the most impressive avenues in the area.