These two spectacular garden pots are dated 1830 and 1850 and signed with the village name of Saint-Jean-de-Fos. This was a small pottery maker located near Anduze. There are four heads and a pretty chain link detail finished with a green glaze. There is a hole in the base of each.
If these are to be used as planters it is recommended that a weatherproofing treatment be applied if used in an area prone to freezing.
Heavy wear and rustic condition consistent with age and use. Each measures 32 ¼'' high x 30” diameter Each measures 82cm high x 76cm diameter